Dr. Husni Charara is the founder and CEO of Associates in Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Charara’s distinct career spans for more than 20 years in healthcare. After finishing his degree in Chemical Engineering with Honors, he dedicated himself to healthcare. He studied Podiatric Medicine at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine and he received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami.
The recipient of the Biomechanical and Orthopedics Award, Dr. Charara went on to complete his residency at St. Francis Hospital in Miami Beach, where he received extensive training in forefoot and rearfoot surgery with emphasis on sports injury. Pursuing further medical training, he studied trauma and fracture fixation at the Podiatry Institute in Tucker, Georgia. Dr. Charara has been a member of Clinical Faculty at the Barry University College of Podiatric Medicine since 1992.
In 2001 Dr. Charara established Southwest Florida Ankle and Foot Care Specialists, a group of podiatrists dedicated to providing the highest level of comprehensive care to Southwest Florida.
As one of the most respected healthcare leaders in this community, Dr. Charara has been involved in building and managing numerous healthcare projects including: Gladiolus Surgery Center, a multispecialty outpatient surgical center, SONU Medical and Aesthetic Day Spa, and Deep Cover Nail Systems, a patent pending colored anti-fungal nail polish.
In 2009, Dr. Charara founded Associates in Medicine and Surgery LLC, a multi-specialty group, consisting of: Pain Management, and Spine specialists, Podiatrists, Internal Medicine providers, dedicated to provide the highest level of care to population of Southwest Florida. As of the start of 2018 Associates in Medicine and Surgery LLC has grown to 18 locations across SWFL, and houses 20 physicians and 3 mid level (ARNP, and PA) practitioners.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
- Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
- St. Francis Hospital, Miami Beach, Florida
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association