Our motto is to guide our patients from diagnoses to a long term solution of their pain complaints.George Arcos, DO
What Is Interventional Pain Management?
Interventional Pain Management specialty that draws on disciplines in science and alternative healing to study the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of pain. For painful spine and musculoskeletal disorders, pain management is sought after as an aggressive yet nonsurgical program that helps to identify the source of among others, headache, neck, back, hip, elbow, and knee pain and rehabilitate the patient as an alternative or follow-up to surgery. A physician who is practicing pain medicine or pain management is most commonly an anesthesiologist who has been certified or trained on the relief and/or management of pain. Pain management programs commonly utilize massage therapy, analgesic medications, physical therapy, and epidural steroid injections, among others to treat back, neck, hip, elbow, and knee pain. Looking for a pain management doctor in Fort Myers, Naples, or Lehigh Acres, FL ?
What Conditions Does An Interventional Pain Management Specialist Treat?
An Interventional Pain Management physician treats all aspects of pain, along with the underlying cause of such pain. The physicians primary responsibility is to take their patients from diagnoses too long term solution so that their patients can continue to live a happy pain free life. Common conditions a Pain Specialist treats are.
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Myofascial/ Muskuloskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Pelvic/SI Joint Pain
- Post Motor Vehicle Accident Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Pain
Call to schedule an evaluation at 239-481-7000
What Treatments Does An Interventionalist Perform?
An Interventional Pain Management Physician can provide a number of great options to help alleviate your pain complaints, and as an alternative to surgery. When considering an Interventionalist for your pain complaints it is important to realize that not every diagnoses, treatment plan, and potential procedure is the same for every patient. The body is immensely complex and it takes a skilled and experienced physician to properly diagnose, and treat pain complaints. There are a multitude of different modalities and procedures that can help alleviate pain, below are some of the main procedures that we perform on a daily basis to help the community of Fort Myers, Naples, and Lehigh Acres, FL remain pain free.
- Vertiflex Interspinous Spacer Device
- Wireless SCS/PNS
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Cooled Radiofrequency (Cool-Leif)
- Endoscopic Assisted Disc Decompression
- Catheter guided injections including adhesiolysis
- Celiac plexus block
- Doral Root Ganglion Stimulation
- Epidural Injections; caudal, interlaminar, transforaminal
- Ganglion impar block
- Intercostal nerve block and neurolysis
- Joint injections; all regions
- Laser therapy for neuropathy and inflammatory tendonitis
- Low heat (pulsed) radiofrequency
- Facet joint block, radiofrequency denervation
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- Myofascial trigger point injections
- Occipital neurostimulation
- Peripheral nerve injections
- Selective nerve root injection
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Stellate ganglion block
- Synovial lubricant therapy